We chose to be part of the Quilter Group, a network of more than 3,000 financial advisers looking after their clients’ interests throughout the UK.
Quilter is one of the leading financial advice networks in the UK, with a strong track record of delivering great customer solutions.
Quilter is part of the the Quilter group, a company with real financial strength that offers long-term security for all its customers.
You can read more about Quilter on the website: https://www.quilter.com/
Our client charter
You also enjoy the reassurance that comes from knowing we abide by our client charter:
- We aim to provide a fully comprehensive service to all of our clients
- We are confident that we will deliver a high-quality service that will be among the best in the financial services industry
- We continually strive to improve our professionalism through personal development
- We follow the principles of Treating Customers Fairly set out by the Financial Conduct Authority
- I f any material interest or conflict of interest should arise in business that we are arranging for you, we will let you know and ask for your consent before we carry out your instructions
- Our processes and procedures follow the guidelines as laid down by our business support network – Intrinsic Financial Planning Limited and Intrinsic Mortgage Planning Limited, which are authorised
- We like to treat our clients as we would expect to be treated. We like to hear how we’ve performed so please feel free to let us know
- If you are ever dissatisfied with the service you’ve received we will do our best to put it right.
If You Are Unhappy With Our Service
If you have a complaint about your adviser, or any financial advice you have received from your adviser, please contact us:
Quilter Financial Planning Complaints Department,
Riverside House, The Waterfront
Newcastle upon Tyne. NE15 8NY
Tel: 0191 241 0700
You can find more information by visiting the Quilter Financial Planning: www.quilterfinancialplanning.co.uk
If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service (www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk)